Cook up to 8 Cups of Rice and Steam Food Simultaneously
Lentil Curry with Rice Recipe
This lentil curry with rice recipe is a flavorful and nutritious vegetarian meal that is ideal for a quick weeknight dinner. Cooked in a fragrant blend of spices and diced tomatoes, the lentils are served over fluffy basmati rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro for an extra flavor boost.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Cook for another minute after adding the ginger, curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Combine lentils, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 25-30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- In the meantime, rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Bring rice and 2 cups of water to a boil in a separate pot.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve lentil curry over rice.
500 Rice Recipes
Rice Is Life
Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker And Rice Steamer
Creamy Tomato Risotto with Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe
Sticky Rice with Sesame Seeds Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Biryani Recipe