Cook up to 8 Cups of Rice and Steam Food Simultaneously
Rice and Peas with Carrots Recipe
This hearty rice and peas dish is flavored with coconut milk, thyme, and allspice. Carrots add a slightly sweet and crunchy texture to this traditional Jamaican dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Combine the rice, water, and coconut milk in a large pot.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Combine the kidney beans, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme, allspice, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
The Ultimate Rice Cookbook
2 Cup Rice Cooker And Steamer With Removable Nonstick Pot
101 Things To Do With Rice Cookbook
Rice Mold Kit For Triangle Shaped Rice
Parmesan and Mushroom Risotto with Black Sesame Seeds Recipe
Pesto Fried Rice with Beef and Cashews Recipe
Kidney Beans and Rice with Tomatoes and Onions Recipe
Sticky Rice with Mango, Figs and Sesame Seeds Recipe